We made our initial centerfire reputation with the handgun-calibered Big Boy, so it was a logical choice to expand the steel-framed case-hardened finish into that line-up, and we’ve got six hard-workin’ lever actions here that merge the classic looks of those beautifully-done case colors and octagonal barrels with the practicality of a side loading gate and lighter weight than the original brass models.
Paired with a trusty revolver in the same caliber, or as a stand-alone trail partner, the rifle takes to a saddle scabbard like it was born there, and the carbine carries just as trim through the brush on foot as it does in and out of the truck or Jeep. These steel Big Boys are also drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and coupled with our dependable smooth actions and built-in accuracy, they’re every bit as good on the Fall hunt as they are on Saturday afternoon paper at the range.
- Manufacturer: Henry Repeating Arms
- Model: Big Boy Color Case Hardened Carbine
- Caliber: 38 Special / 357 Magnum
- Barrel Length: 16.5″
- Barrel Type: Octagon Blued Steel
- Rate of Twist: 1:16
- Overall Length: 34.1″
- Weight: 7.41 lbs.
- Receiver Finish: Colored Case Hardened Steel
- Rear Sight: Fully Adj. Semi-Buckhorn w/ Diamond Insert
- Front Sight: Brass Bead
- Scopeability: Drilled and Tapped
- Scope Mount Type: BB-RSM
- Stock Material: American Walnut
- Buttplate/Pad: Black Solid Rubber Recoil Pad
- Length of Pull: 14″
- Safety: Transfer Bar
- Best Uses: Target/Hunting/Large Game
- Embellishments/Extras: Swivel Studs.
- Capacity: 7 Rounds